Name the Month
The puzzle asked us to find out what month spelled out in ways of cutting the shape, both me and Casey tried to identify what the answer could be. We were trying to use visual thinking by using different types of pattern seeking to find the word and trying to complete some the word. For me the strategy I used was to use pattern folding or cutting where I would symmetrically cut all individual pieces in half’s and quarters, once I have done that the word showed itself. In Casey’s visual thinking she divided the month and group all the months that spelled out with four letters and compared them to the image, by deductive reasoning she was able to find the word.
The Next Square
The puzzle has four different squares and five others to choose from in order to figure out what would come out next after the forth square on the top. What I did was guess on the last square as I was using the visual processing of top-down. I was fixated on the second square with a smaller square in it and with rotation I chose E since they were very similar to each other. Casey tried every method of pattern seeking using fill, matching, categorizing and pattern completion to figure out the answer. Eventually Casey gave up on the puzzle and we looked up the answer online to find out what the answer was. We were shown that the answer was E and the square were more of a distraction from showing us what we were really supposed to find, which are a series of numbers from one to five.
No comments:
Post a Comment